Are You a LASIK Eye Surgery Candidate?
Determining your candidacy for LASIK is one of the most important parts of the process. We take your candidacy very seriously and provide a thorough free LASIK exam to find out if LASIK is right for you and, if so, which treatment option will give you the best outcome.
At Joffe, we love helping patients reach 20/20 vision through Custom LASIK eye surgery. Unfortunately, there is a small percentage of people for whom LASIK is not a good option because of the anatomy of their eye and current vision condition. We are proud to say that we take your LASIK candidacy very seriously and thoroughly screen for any issue that may cause complications. If you aren’t a good medical candidate, we will be 100% straight-forward and honest with our medical recommendation. Your current eye condition, occupation, leisure activities, age and personal expectations all help to determine whether you are a good candidate for Joffe Custom LASIK. During your free LASIK exam, we will take many measurements of your eyes to determine if LASIK is a good option for you, and if so, which laser will give you the best results.
The ideal LASIK candidate:
- Has nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism
- Is over 18 years old and in good general health
- Has had stable vision for at least six months
- Has a healthy cornea thick enough for a corneal flap
- Does not have a disease or condition that could impair the procedure or healing process
- Has been educated about the procedure including its risks and benefits
- Understands that the goal of surgery is to improve vision and reduce dependence on glasses and contact lenses
Please note, LASIK, as with any medical procedure, cannot be guaranteed and results will vary by individual. However, in a recent study of treated patients, over 70% had vision better than 20/20. If you are over 40, please ask us about our Blended Vision procedure, and the opportunity to free yourself of reading glasses.
We encourage you to schedule your free LASIK exam today to discuss your candidacy and how LASIK may work for you. It is important to note that Joffe Custom LASIK eye surgery is highly customized, and your candidacy and treatment options will be developed on an individualized basis. Your medical care is our number one priority at all of our locations.